A local favorite, the lemon barley drink usually brings back memories of your childhood. Now, learn to make it and home and enjoy your day with this refreshing drink!
1 cup Organic Barley
1.5 lts Water
1. Put the barley and water in a pot over medium heat.
2. Allow water to simmer and break down the barley (approx 45mins)
3. Take the lemon and separate the peel and juice
4. Put in the peel (yellow portion only) when it begins to simmer
5. When the barley is soft and the aroma of barley is developed, sweeten the drink with sugar
6. Adjust the tang of the drink with lemon juice.
7. Served either warm or chilled!
Image from shonaskitchen.co.za