The world’s most beautiful women: Cleopatra of Egypt and Yang Guifei of China, what do they have in common besides being beautiful is their love for Okra! The locals in Kami, Japan, both young and old looked really healthy. The answer to their healthy and youthful look is … of course, okra!
Okra, better known as lady’s fingers in Singapore, is a flowering plant in the mallow family. We show you what this amazing vegetable contains besides it beautifying properties:
1. Fibre found in okra helps to stabilise the blood sugar by curbing the rate at which sugar is absorbed from the intestinal tract.
2. Keeps intestinal tract healthy.
3. Okra fibre is excellent for feeding the good bacteria (probiotics). This contributes to the health of the intestinal tract.
4. Okra is a supreme vegetable for those feeling weak, exhausted, and suffering from depression.
5. Okra is used for healing ulcers and to keep joints limber. It helps to neutralise acids, being very alkaline, and is able to provide a temporary protective coating for the digestive tract.
6. Okra treats lung inflammation, sore throat, and irritable bowel syndrome.
7. Okra is good for summer heat treatment.
8. Eases constipation.
9. It normalises cholesterol level.
10. Reduces the risk of getting asthma. Okra’s vitamin C is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory benefits, all of which curtail the development of asthma symptoms.
11. Eating okra helps to support the structure of capillaries.
12. Okra is good for preventing diabetes.
13. Okra protects you from pimples and maintains smooth and beautiful skin.
Like most fruits and vegetables, the best health benefits of okra are achieved when consumed in its raw state. The less you do to it in the form of cooking, the better. This vegetable is one of the healthiest foods you can eat!
Image from bbcgoodfood.com