We know you’ve all been waiting for this and now here it is – the recipes for our National Day farm tour food tasting showcase!
First up, we have liquid gold in the form of organic pumpkin soup! The fresh radish sprouts sprinkled in at the end not only gives the soup a slight peppery punch, but also serves as a beautiful garnish as well.
- Pumpkin (¼ section)
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable Stock (+ more)
- Green oil
- Radish Sprouts (also known as Wasabi sprouts)
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Prepare Green Oil beforehand:
- Pick the leaves of coriander and parsley
- Blend the leaves with olive oil (adjust amount of oil so that the blend is not be a paste but runny and green instead)
- Let the leaves sit in the oil for about 1 hour
- Put the oil through a very fine sieve, or through a cheese cloth and let the oil drip out on its own without pressing on the residue. (This could take a couple of hours or just leave it overnight)
- Store the oil in a cool dark place.
- Cut pumpkin into fist-size chunks. (skin and seeds intact)
- Roast the pumpkin in a pre-heated oven at 190 Deg C for 30mins.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, slice the onion and sweat in some olive oil. (onions need not caramelise)
- When the roasted pumpkin is ready, the skin peels off and seeds can be removed easily.
- Put the roasted pumpkin and onions into a high-speed blender, and pour in a cup of stock/water; blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended pumpkin into a pot and add more stock/water until desired consistency.
- Bring the soup to a boil and remove it from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with green oil and wasabi sprouts
Get your organic ingredients HERE !!!!
Image source from realepicurean.com