We know you’ve all been waiting for this and now here it is – the recipes for our National Day farm tour food tasting showcase!
Here we have a refreshing salad to freshen up your summers – made with banana flowers that can be found at Quan Fa Organic!
- 1 Large banana flower
- 2 Carrots (finely shredded)
- 3 Long beans (diced & blanched)
- ½ cup Peanuts (roasted and chopped)
- ¼ cup Dried shrimps (rough chopped)
- 2 Tbs Vietnamese mint (laksa leaves)
- 2 Tbs Fresh Mint (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Thai Basil (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Coriander (chopped)
- ½ Mango
- Red Cabbage sprouts
To Prepare Banana Flower: Slice the tender petals of the banana flower and soak in lemon water for 30mins.
- 2 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbs Water
- 4 Tbs Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs White Sugar
- 1 piece Red Chilli (Big; finely chopped)
- 1 piece Bird’s Eye Chilli (finely chopped)
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing into a mixing bowl and stir until all sugar has been dissolved
- Add the prepared banana flower, shredded carrots, diced long beans, peanuts and dried shrimps and toss the salad.
- Add the chopped herbs and fold into the salad
- Plate up the salad and topped with sliced mango, garnish with red cabbage sprouts.
Get your organic ingredients HERE !!!!
Image source from herebeelephants.com