Try making this delicious pastry made from the natural creaminess of purple sweet potato coupled with a light crust and a sprinkling of coconut flakes to make this a dessert to remember.
- 3–5 purple sweet potatoes (enough to make 1 lb. of filling after the skin is removed).
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup non-sweet toasted shredded coconut.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Bake the yams for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the yams from the oven, then allow to cool for about 15 minutes. While the yams are cooling off, bring the oven down to 350F.
- Remove the skins from the yam then add the filling to a bowl (I prefer to use a Kitchen-aid mixer).
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, and condensed milk. Combine ingredients on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the mixture to the pie or tart shells. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, then top with toasted non-sweet shredded coconut
Get your sweet potatoes today HERE!
Recipe and Image from bukopandan.org